- Top blackened salmon with mango salsa.
- Add sliced avocado, tomatoes, onions, or dark leafy green lettuce to your sandwich.
- For snack: grab a small handful of walnuts and dried cranberries.
- Fill the bottom of your cereal bowl with sliced fruit like strawberries or bananas, this will help your bowl to seem full while keeping your portion of cereal in check.
- Instead of crackers, choose apple slices with low-fat cheese.
- Great side for lunch: red pepper slices with hummus (personal hummus favorite: roasted red pepper).
- Mix in fresh fruit to yogurt.
- Add a side of fruit at dinner like: applesauce, fresh berries, or sliced mango.
- Fill at least half of your plate at dinner with fruit and/or veggies!
- Add a handful of frozen veggies to prepared soups to up the veggie content!
Monday, March 7, 2011
Eat Right With Color
Happy National Nutrition Month! The theme of this month long event is "Eat Right With Color"... which I personally think is an awesome message. We know that people are not eating enough fruits and vegetables yet they provide important nutrients like: vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber! Plus fruit and veggies are filling and have a relatively low calorie price tag (many are only 50 calories or less per serving). Check out these simple ways to add more color to your eating routine: