The amount of people indicating no guilt about dropping the ball on their eating plans on Superbowl Sunday? 60 percent of men and 46 percent of women idicated in the 2011 Supervalue Snack Down Survey by Harris Interactive that they would have no guilt about what they eat while watching the big game.
If you are thinking about what to serve up at your Superbowl party, my suggestion, is to strive for balance! Make your game day strategy to provide a mix of healthy items among some crowd pleasers (like chicken wings).
Here are a few healthier ideas to consider:
- Guacamole with colorful pepper slices (red, yellow, orange, & green)
- Baked chicken fingers with wing sauce
- Make your own trail mix bar: whole grain cereal, almonds, dried fruit, walnuts
- Fresh fruit kabobs (grapes, melon cubes, pineapple, berries) with Greek yogurt dip
- Milk bar: low fat milk with add ins like flavored syrup